With our strong national presence in the Canadian market, we pride ourselves on offering our customers extensive local service capabilities from coast to coast. For instance, other divisions of our organization include National Refrigeration Heating in Saskatoon, and GDI Technical Services in Quebec.
BSD Solutions was incorporated in the Province of Manitoba on January 29, 2001. On June 4th, 2018 BSD joined forces with Ainsworth Inc., one of the largest multi-trade facility services providers in Canada.
With over 1,200 employees operating in 12 offices across the country, BSD provides clients with the full range of technical-trade services needed to install, operate, maintain and optimize the performance of the majority of systems and equipment in any facility. BSD’s principal business is the supply and installation of Building Automation Systems for various buildings and campuses and enhanced building operation through the integration of multiple building systems.
Ainsworth’s depth and breadth provides new and innovative solutions to assist in managing the complex systems of a building and campus environment. BSD offers DDC and Integration products from the most recognized control system vendors.
Our offerings and qualifications as they relate to these projects are as follows:
- Certified Tridium VYKON Systems Integrator utilizing Niagara N4
- Certified Alerton BACnet Control System specialist
- Certified Distech WEB Systems integrator
- Siemens Systems integrator and value-added partner
- Certified Johnson FX and Verasys reseller
Locally, BSD Solutions currently employs between 45 and 55 people. Our staff consists of engineers, technicians and technologists, and electricians. We have experience in integrating protocols including BACnet, LON, ModBus, JCI N2 and Siemens P2. BSD is proud to be recognized as a COR certified company and a registered CSA panel assembly shop.
BSD has completed several large automation projects in recent years. Our key to successfully delivering these projects on time is our ‘all hands on deck’ involvement. All of the people involved are employees of BSD, none of the work included in our contract scope is sub-contracted. For each project BSD assigns an Installation Supervisor who works closely with our Technical Leads to determine project schedule for BSD as it relates to the Master Schedule. BSD will provide a dedicated System Designer, programmer and technicians for this project. This selection will come from a deep local pool of talent including three System Designers, four Programmers and ten technicians.
Unit 50 – 766 Pandora Ave East
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2C 3A6
MD&I (Mechanical Design & Installation) provides design build and construction services for commercial, health care, educational and industrial facilities, including:
- HVAC – complete service and installation of all types of heating and cooling systems (air, water, steam)
- Complete sheet metal design, fabrication & installation
- Plumbing – design and installation of complete plumbing systems, as well as specialty piping systems
- Controls – installation of controls from any manufacturer and integrating them into the building mechanical & electrical systems
- Process Piping Systems – heating and chilled water, steam, compressed air, de-ionized water and other specialty piping
- Design & Build – value engineering, CAD, energy analysis, system analysis and design
- Professional engineers on staff
- Maintenance and Repair services – helps maintain the operation and life expectancy of building systems including HVAC, piping and controls
47924 West Road
Wixom, Michigan 48393
Tel: 248.669.1010 | Fax: 248.669.1515
RESIDENT FACILITY MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONS SERVICES For your peace of mind and comfort, we ensure that your technical equipment is properly maintained and operating at its best with qualified operational and technical personnel dedicated 24/7 to your facilities.
- HVAC cleaning and maintenance
- Building automation system installation and maintenance
- Technical equipment maintenance
- Technological solutions for equipment optimization
- Proactive and diagnostic testing of systems
- Project management
Ainsworth Technical was founded in August 1994 as Poleair Technical, a three-man venture handling the industrial and commercial refrigeration and HVAC needs of clients in the Sarnia/Lambton area. Since its inception more than 20 years ago, Poleair Technical has grown to become the region’s leading expert in industrial and commercial HVAC installations and services.
Today, the company employs over 60 workers and maintains a fleet of over 40 trucks. They have expanded to include sheet metal, plumbing, and metal fabrication in their services portfolio.
- Industrial & commercial HVAC system installation & service
- Industrial & commercial refrigeration system installation & service
- 24-hour emergency service
- Custom industrial processing equipment & exhaust systems
- Fume hoods, NFPA96 welded duct, stainless steel products for food industry applications
- Explosion-proof mechanical equipment
- Full-service mechanical contractor
- Complete project management
- Building maintenance services
- Natural gas & refrigeration piping
- Custom steel fabricated products (roof walkways, roof access ladders, safety bump lines)
- Sheet metal
- HVAC, refrigeration & duct-work design
759 Evett St
Sarnia, ON, N7S 5N3
Simpkin is the leading and one of the most respected mechanical and electrical contractors in Montreal. Their client base includes the major property owners and managers in Montreal and they are on the approved contractor lists for most of the Class A buildings in the downtown core. Simpkin specializes in retrofit, refurbishment and renovation for most of the electrical and mechanical systems in a building.
Together with Simpkin, Ainsworth is now one of the largest multi-trade companies in the Province of Quebec.
5800 Rue St-Jacques Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H4A 2E9
Tel: 514.481.0125 | Fax: 514.481.0128
In business since 1927, Gordon Latham Limited is a Vancouver-based, locally owned mechanical contracting company specializing in service and retrofit work throughout the lower mainland. With over 65 trucks on the road, Latham’s is one of the oldest and largest mechanical service providers in British Columbia. Latham’s is well established in the service and maintenance of multi-residential apartment buildings, industrial plants, and commercial office complexes, and also undertakes retrofit work in both institutional facilities as well as office buildings in the downtown core. Latham’s provides emergency on-call service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Preventive maintenance
- Air conditioning
- Industrial gas
- Domestic hot water systems
- Storm/sanitary plumbing
- Drain cleaning
- Power flushing
- Video inspection
- Backflow testing
- CO/LEL sensor testing
- Tenant renovations
- Boiler replacements
Gordon Latham Limited
#100-1060 West 8th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6H 1C4
Tel: 604-683-2321 (24 Hours)
Latham’s regular hours of operation are from 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Latham’s Service Department is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, year-round.
For emergency service after hours, please call 604-683-2321.
Digicon has been delivering specialized, building control system solutions to customers across Atlantic Canada since 1990. Our experience runs the gamut from single, stand-alone sites to fully integrated, multi plant facilities controlled through a wide area network. We have successfully delivered and implemented solutions for hundreds of clients throughout the region. They include: public schools; health care facilities; utilities; colleges; military complexes; hospitality operations; federal, provincial and municipal governments; and several multi residential, office, commercial and large retail buildings.
201 Brownlow Avenue, Unit 11
Burnside Industrial Park
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B3B 1W2 Canada
Tel: 902 468-2633
Fax: 902 468-5187
Starting in 1985, T.S.M. Limited began working to provide specialized services in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and sheet metal fabrication. In 1989, a mechanical division was added to include plumbing, process piping, gas piping, and underground services. This combination of culminated skills gives T.S.M. Limited a complete set of mechanical services to tackle almost any kind of contract or project.
TSM has Been the Major HVAC Contractor on the Following Projects
- Suncor Ethanol Plant
- Suncor Genesis Project
- Air Products Hydrogen Reformer
- Imperial Oil Complex “C” revamp
- H.C. Starck Nickel Hydrogen Plants
- Lanxess Butyl 2 capacity increase
- Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Centre
- Lambton Generating Station -De sulphurization Project
- NCO (former RMH) & Startech Call Centres
- TransAlta Energy Plant
- Greenfield Energy Plant
- St. Clair Energy Plant
- Lambton College Fire School
- Imperial Theatre
1376 Lougar Ave. Sarnia, Ontario
Fax – (519) 336-7761
BARCOL Controls is the authorized Partner of Schneider Electric Building Systems serving Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario for 30 years. We offer a full complement of complete building services, including in-house HVAC system design and engineering, a fully certified and licensed installation staff, along with complete 24/7 HVAC service and maintenance available to our customers.
By joining Ainsworth the local BSD/BARCOL team can offer Building Automation Systems and Security solutions from Alerton, Distech, JCI Facility Explorer, Phoenix Controls, Siemens and Schneider Electric, among others.
Unit 50 – 766 Pandora Ave East
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2C 3A6
Since Peter Richter formed the company in 1983, Airco has evolved into a full mechanical contractor serving commercial, industrial and institutional clients in and around Northern Ontario.
- Vibration analysis
- Air balancing
- Efficiency analysis
- Walk-in coolers and freezers
- Blast freezers
- Reach-in coolers and freezers
- Glycol decks
- Refrigeration units of all sizes
- Rooftop units
- Variable air volume boxes
- Custom ducting
- Forming and welding
- CAD drafting
- In-floor heating
- Recirculation systems
- Chilled water systems
- On demand
- Emergency response/repair
- Plant load surveys and power factor
- Moves, adds and changes (scheduled)
- Major and minor projects
- Contracts (service-level agreements [SLAs])
- Thermography and power monitoring
1510 Old Falconbridge Rd.
ESC Automation Inc. & Delta Connects Inc.
Established in Vancouver over thirty-five years ago, ESC is a leading service provider in Building Automation and Energy Management. With over 750 employees across Canada and the US ESC has a strong presence in the public, education, and healthcare industries. Together, Ainsworth and ESC are creating a market-leading presence for Building Automation in Canada.