If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Project Manager, BAS will lead a project team, reporting directly to the BAS Branch Manager. The Project Manager takes on responsibility for delivering all BAS projects. The PM has proven people and leadership skills and has a thorough understanding of the Canadian Commercial construction industry, and has a demonstrated competency in team leadership and team building skills. The Project Manager will be working with the Branch Manager and other PMs in resource scheduling and service handling requests.
- Demonstrates leadership in Health & Safety practices, schedules and reports attendance on weekly H&S talks, uses eCompliance to audit technician submissions and reports to the Branch Manager/HSE.
- Supervision provided by the BAS Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining Ainsworth standard practices in the delivery of BAS projects.
- Liaises with other Project Managers in order to improve our company practices.
- Having a customer facing role, always represents the company in a dignified manner, and has the customer’s needs in mind.
- Is responsible to deliver any and all assigned projects on time, on budget, and with quality.
- Shall look for opportunities to increase profitability within the project via project extras or cost savings.
- Is organized and maintains all required standard project documentation, both financial and technical, as a record for the company.
- Informs the BAS Manager weekly of project status, team needs, risks, and challenges,
- Works with the team PA in order to deliver monthly forecasts.
- Shall supervise and ensure that both internal and subcontracted resources assigned to the team delivers the project TBQ (on Time on Budget and with Quality).
- Shall manage the construction team’s Senior BAS Technicians in providing them with the team’s priorities, scheduling needs and clarification of project scope.
- Responsible for team financial reporting, forecasting activities.
- Be a leader in BAS construction team building activities.
- Provide team appraisals and evaluations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Valid driver’s licence and the ability to be insured by Ainsworth Canada. Pass security screening as required by Ainsworth Canada’s clients.
- Fluent in English – both written and oral. The ability to read and understand construction plans and specs and product documentation.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Visio, Microsoft Project.
- Technically competent in the Schneider Electric BAS product line, building automation products.
- Basic project financial reporting background.
- Post-secondary education or technical equivalent experience.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: Yes, within GTA
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON