If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Reporting to Vice President, Human Resources the HR Manager will be responsible for managing HR Operations, specifically related to employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, total rewards, compliance & training, and development. With a focus of enhancing the employee experience, the ideal candidate will be intuitive, business-oriented, with a people-first approach in their work.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Human Resources Team;
- Ensure effective and consistent assistance is provided to managers regarding employee relations and performance matters;
- Develop, recommend and implement policies, procedures, and training to support the human resources strategy for the business;
- Manage annual HR programs to ensure consistent application across the organization including Performance Management, Talent Development, and Employee Engagement initiatives;
- Support managers in the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legislative requirements; conducting investigations and maintaining records;
- Advise and make recommendations to Vice President on best practices in the areas of employee relations, engagement and development;
- Oversee the implementation of the internal communication strategy; monitor programs and make recommendations for continuous improvement;
- Oversee the management of short and long-term disability claims and partner with HSE in the management of WSIB claims and RTW processes;
- Lead and drive Employee engagement and recognition initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources with at least 5 years as a generalist in an environment related to Operations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment/priority
- High level of capacity to multi-task
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships
- Ability to architect and drive change
- Excellence in a client management model: mobilizing the best people and integrating the tools and processes required to meet the needs of the business.
- Business-driven with strong financial acumen.
- Strategic planning, complex problem resolution, and general management expertise.
- Knowledge of MS-Office tools (Excel in particular)
- Ability to travel within Canada
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: 25% within Canada
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: North York, ON