If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, the primary responsibilities of System Administrator role will be integration of new companies onto company infrastructure and systems, coordination and execution of infrastructure related moves of company locations, provide design and architecture plans to the Manager, IT Infrastructure for approval before deployment, align with all IT standards and IT Infrastructure methods including but not limited to purchasing, change, and release management, perform IT Helpdesk and Infrastructure Operations staff hand-off for each site onboard, before they are cut-over live and in production and participate in the reliability, integrity, backup and recovery of the company’s email, servers, network, security, voice, data centers, directory services, and data systems both physical and cloud-based.
- Must maintain a valid passport and have no travel restrictions.
- More than 1-year experience in onboarding an acquired company’s IT infrastructure services into the acquiring company’s IT infrastructure.
- Strong change, incident, and problem management.
- Evaluates network requirements and develop hardware/software solutions to provide the required solution.
- Share knowledge with Infrastructure Team, providing guidance, support, and subject matter expertise
- Provide guidance and support for HelpDesk Staff and end users arising from ticket escalation and infrastructure initiatives.
- Assist in the reliability, integrity, backup and recovery of the company’s email, servers, network, security, voice, data centers, directory services, and data systems both physical and cloud-based
- Participate in overall system and network performance
- Participate in overall system and network Security
- Assist in network and systems disaster recovery testing.
- Participation in security activities including reporting, audit and remediation.
- Coordinates and manages the installation of office and data center hardware and the associated software.
- Provide support for all VoIP, and voice (telephone) related applications.
- Ensures software licensing is up to date and accurate as it impacts new onboardings
- Ensures IT documentation is created, up to date and accurate.
- Ensures IT conventions and standards are adhered to.
- Perform IT purchasing and recommendations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and writing skills.
- High technical, analytical, logical and troubleshooting skills in using structured tools and techniques.
- Ability to architect, develop and implement infrastructure changes.
- Ability to work with others to determine information requirements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Solid project management skills
- College or University degree in Computer Science (or equivalent credits in management and Computer/Systems related)
- 5-10 years experience in network, server, phone, and PC support.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory & and backup methods using Veeam, data synchronization, and some Tivoli Backup
- Excellent knowledge of VMware and SAN
- Excellent knowledge of Networking including WAN, VPN, Routing and remote communication
- Practical experience with data center systems, and remote office infrastructure
- Practical experience with cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Self-starter and willingness to acquire knowledge on own time
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service mentality
- Availability for occasional off-hours or weekend tasks
Core Technologies & Experience
- Email: Office 365, MS Exchange 2010
- Windows Server 2008 to 2016, Active Directory, Group Policy, User management
- MS SQL
- Mobile Device Management, AirWatch, mobile device hardware, software, application, and data transfer, data plan administration,
- Virtualization, application, server, and desktop (Vmware, Microsoft, Citrix)
- Backup infrastructure – Veeam, Exagrid, Cloud
- Virus / Spam Control using ESET, Trend
- Phone system administration on VoIP; RingCentral, Cisco, Avaya
- Networking experience cabling, switching, routing, VLAN, Cisco, Avaya, Meraki, Fortigate, ADSL, MPLS, routing protocols, QoS, SIP, SPF
- Server and end-user hardware on IBM Lenovo, IBMx series
- Helpdesk software using ManageEngine Helpdesk
- Storage administration, RAID, SAN, NAS, SAN – IBM
- File Servers administration and security
- Performance, Capacity and Lifecycle management of IT Infrastructure technologies.
- Powershell, PowerCLI, Orchestration & Automation
- Firewalls: Cisco, FortiGate, Meraki
- Data Center infrastructure, power, racking, cabling,
- Disaster Recovery and Backup operations
- Workstation deployment automation, imaging, virtualization, WDS
- Application virtualization, Application Packaging for laptops, and mobile
- Hardware, service, asset, and license administration.
- VPN: Cisco, FortiGate
- SOX, ITIL, ManageEngine Help Desk and Audit Manager Plus
- ITIL Foundations and higher preferred
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: 50%
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON