If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
The Help Desk Manager’s job is to oversee the timely delivery of high-quality technical support services to clients. Provide support for internal clients within the company or external clients who have contracted technical support services. Supervise the help desk personnel physically located in 4 or more offices. The successful candidate will require technical knowledge of the software, hardware, and services being supported and can effectively manage the personnel.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Support helpdesk team in the resolution of requests, incidents, and problems as required.
- Managing the help desk staff, set yearly objectives, and evaluate performance.
- Recruit, train, and support Help Desk Technicians.
- Routine travel to field offices to check in with Help Desk Technicians.
- Ensure high-quality technical support and increase client satisfaction.
- Develop and mature email, phone, and ticket escalation processes to ensure free-flowing escalation and information sharing within the organization.
- Determine the root cause of issues and communicate appropriately with internal IT, the business, and users.
- Experienced in major service outages and best practices for support operations in a crisis mode.
- Work to establish a single IT Help Desk support group for users across the companies.
- Participate in escalation calls as needed.
- Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints.
- Advise Management on situations that may require additional client support staff or escalation.
- Collaborate with other internal IT staff as needed to maintain high service standards.
- Experience or familiarity with Help Desk practices
- Experience supervising a team across 4 or more physical locations for a user community that spans Canada and USA.
- Set and maintain specific customer service standards.
- Establish documented best practices for support operations.
- Manage process for communicating outage or emergency activities to the organization.
- Ensures that customer service is high and measurable in daily, weekly and monthly reports on the helpdesk team’s productivity.
- Provide user feedback to the appropriate internal infrastructure or application teams.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Proven work experience in supporting post-project new service rollouts.
- Perform routine purchasing for client systems, consumables, and peripherals in alignment with purchasing processes.
- Ensure that all cost allocations of IT spend is tracked and reported accurately.
- Responsible for all asset management. Ensure tracking and reporting standards are maintained accurately.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery planning and documentation.
- Ensure security practices and standards are followed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Project work as required.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in regulatory and compliance activities and reports.
- Availability for occasional off-hours or weekend tasks.
- Proven work experience as a Help Desk Manager – 2 plus years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of help desk practices and customer service tactics.
- Supervise the delivery of technical support to clients and may also provide advice or troubleshooting themselves.
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote-control software.
- Proven work experience in managing vendors relationships as it pertains to daily operational needs.
- Manage Engine Help Desk software
- Required Education: College or University degree in Computer Science (or equivalent credits in management and Computer/Systems related)
- Current certifications in ITIL above the foundations level is preferred.
- Key service catalogue:
- Approximately 4,500 users,
- MS Windows Workstations support
- Virtual desktop administration.
- Cloud services such as file/email/SharePoint
- Approximately 2,000+ mobile phones
- MDM software – AirWatch
- User and rights management
- Virus and spam control support and escalation
- User data restore support
- Application deployment and packaging
- Bomgar and similar remote management tools
- Numerous business system
- Office 365 suite and on-premise Exchange user support
- Anti-virus support
- VoIP operations support
- Provisioning and deprovisioning user systems
- Video Conferencing support
- Printer support
- Workstation deployment and management
- Mobile phone, tablet, services & operations
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: N/A
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON