If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Ainsworth is currently looking for a Dispatcher coordinator to join our North York team. This position provides a high level of customer service support to meet internal and external customer requirements. Schedules, dispatches and coordinates technical field staff and works collaboratively with team members to ensure the administration of multiple back-office processes are executed accordingly to ensure the service delivery cycle flows accordingly and client KPI’s are met. The Dispatcher fully supports the Service Operation Team and provides the field technicians with the necessary tools and information required to deliver on the expectations of our clients.
- Coordinate the completion of scheduled and unscheduled service and maintenance work through field technicians and sub-contractors to meet service quality and responsiveness targets.
- Maintain real-time visibility to technician resources by leveraging and updating the schedule board
- Manage technician sign in and sign out protocols.
- Interface with customers and other departments (i.e. Customer Experience Centre and Regional Schedulers) as necessary to ensure successful completion of requests and resolution of service issues identified throughout the service delivery process. Ensure all changes are accommodated and approved.
- Assign and monitor workflow ensuring calls are dispatched to the appropriate tech with the right skillset in the right geography
- Resolve any obstacles immediately using established protocols or other creative resolution options through troubleshooting or relaying calls to a level 2 technician to expedite resolution
- Ensure all Ainsworth & client KPI’s are observed, met and or exceeded.
- Monitor daily team and technician workload ensure the field techs have the appropriate level of work assigned and are executing schedules as designed.
- Daily review of technician activities to ensure real-time work summaries and labor tracking is completed
- Update 3rd party portals with work statuses as required.
- Review completed work orders daily for completeness, work summaries, labor, client signatures, tasking etc. Acquire any missing information and or close for further reconciliation.
- Provide follow up and supporting work order documentation for all completed work orders to clients daily
- Work with inside sales to ensure all recommendations are submitted in a timely manner by the field staff.
- Work with Technicians and Regional Schedulers to ensure maintenances and quoted repairs are completed within the month they are scheduled
- Monitor all work in progress (WIP) and work with technicians and Business Unit Managers as required to ensure it does not exceed 60 days.
- Ensure all relevant special safety, customer procedures, and the site-specific information is on work orders provided to Service Technician. Ensure equipment and material lists are complete and recorded in the Field Service Management System.
- Follow up with internal and external customers and technicians when additional information is required, including documentation of service work performed.
- Work collaboratively with reconcilers as required correcting technician issues, identify, trend and validate process or people gaps. Work with technicians directly to close these gaps and escalate as required
- Supports the regional dispatch or other shared services teams as required to ensure work order life cycle is smooth and internal & external client needs are met
- Act in a professional manner to reflect positively on Ainsworth.
- Identify & Suggest opportunities for Process Improvements & efficiencies within the department
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- 2-4 years of related experience dispatch experience preferably in the HVAC/Electrical/Building Automation industry but the general service industry is acceptable. Actual hands-on HVAC, Electrical or Building Automation experience is also ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Proven systematic and organized approach to multi-tasking
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change.
- Working knowledge of related computer applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes
- Service and customer orientated – Actively looking to help people. Anticipates and works to understand and meet customer needs in a helpful way. Takes personal responsibility to correct customer’s problems. Corrects customer service problems promptly and non-defensively.
- Team Focus – Capable of building relationships at all levels within the organization and with customers. Contributes towards team goal by working cooperatively with others, also gets people’s input to decisions/plans, and promotes team spirit. Shares all relevant and useful information. Keeps people informed and up-to-date about the group process.
- Ability to organize information & schedules in a structured and logical way that is most productive for the technicians and customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and set expectations with internal and external personnel
- Written communication is also imperative and the ability to document information and instructions, so others understand the course of action taken/required.
- Ability to identify problems proactively and take action
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of your team to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management skills and understanding what is required to complete/resolve various service and maintenance activities.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
- Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to clarify and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- The job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination of people and resources.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: North York
Travel Requirements: N/A
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance-Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: North York, ON