If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Under general guidance of VP, Information Technology analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed information processing systems in conjunction with operational business requirements and overall IT Strategy. Implement approved changes and in conjunction with the business units, ensure said changes deliver the required functionality.
- Provide senior level support of JDE Enterprise One software
- Support the customization of the JDE applications, and other custom-developed business software applications
- Develop test plans for programs to assure functionality of the JDE functional applications
- Participate in error correction and testing of upgrades for business applications
- Provide expert-level functional and technical analysis and support services
- Liaise with personnel to analyze user requirements, procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements
- Develop detailed functional design documents including descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications
- Participate in data conversion activities by assisting in data mapping requirements and in validation testing from legacy systems during regional application roll out and in the case of merger/acquisition activity
- Designs and tests computer systems using SDLC methodologies
- Performs analysis, database and systems design work to solve business requirements
- Assist in system implementation and provide end user support to assess user requirements, definition of problems, data availability, report requirements, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- May supervise/delegate programming to programmers
- Provide support for information systems users, including training, documentation and troubleshooting
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to work with end users to determine information requirements
- Observes project management methodologies that adheres to the SDLC
- High technical, analytical, logical and trouble shooting skills in using structured tools and techniques
- Strong foundation in ERP systems with at least 5-10 years experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One applications
- Excellent knowledge in SQL, DB2 databases and SQL script/language
- Excellent knowledge in the concepts surrounding data marts and ETL processes
- Familiar with interpreting financial and management reports, dashboards and KPIs
- Strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Competent in companywide core business process. Order to Cash, procure to pay
- College or University degree in Computer Science (or equivalent credits in management and Computer/Systems related)
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: N/A
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: North York, ON