If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
BAS Technician 2 is for BAS Controls technicians recently out of school, with some experience in the BAS or related industry. This would be the next step in the progression of the BAS technician at Ainsworth who started with us at the entry level, BAS Tech 1 (trainee). The individual will be exposed to all the BAS Departments (Engineering, RBAS, Service or Construction) eventually promoted into the construction or service teams. The BAS Technician 2 could be promoted to BAS Technician 3 (Intermediate) upon the anniversary of 3 years with the company or with the recommendation of the Project Manager, Service Supervisor and/or BAS Manager.
- Assist in delivering BAS solutions to our customer base within the Construction or Service Departments.
- Assist with site commissioning, point to point verifications, troubleshooting and startups of BAS, HVAC Equipment and Lighting controls systems and their peripheral devices under the supervision of highly experienced BAS team.
- Assist with project and service group documentations.
- Learn and demonstrate thorough understanding of Ainsworth Safe Work and H&S Policies.
- Show initiative in learning HVAC and DDC fundamentals, as well as Schneider Electric BAS product portfolio.
- Complete relevant online courses – Building Automation and HVAC Courses
- Complete Schneider Electric product specific training prior to factory training.
- Learn and demonstrate working knowledge of BAS end devices.
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Ainsworth
- Pass security screening as required by Ainsworth’s Government clients
- Fluent in English – both written and oral. Fluent in French is a definite asset. The ability to read and understand construction plans and specs and product documentation. Graduate of Post-Secondary technical or engineering program.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Visio or Scripted programming language.
- Medium physical duties, the ability to stand for long periods of time in a construction environment, the ability to climb ladders and work from heights (with fall arrest protection provided).
- Some travel may be requested from time to time. Ainsworth will reimburse travel expenses including mileage for driving.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Ottawa
Travel Requirements: N/A
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON