If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
The HVAC Technician is responsible for diagnosis, maintenance, repairs and operation of all mechanical systems and equipment for commercial buildings. This would include HVAC and emergency equipment and controls, fan and blowers including troubleshooting of motors, fan coils, VAV’s heat exchangers, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air conditioning, and pumps etc. for water and reciprocation, air-cooled chillers; helical screws and centrifugal equipment.
- Diagnose, service, troubleshoot and repair boilers
- Troubleshoot system failures and recommend and/or carry out corrective measures
- Perform periodic maintenance and calibration on system components
- Perform system database maintenance and back-up/restore functions as needed
- Performs all tasks as directed by work order program according to conditions and time dictated
- Follows all code requirements, safety regulations, and OSHA such as Lock Out/Tag Out Policy; use of protective gear when required; adherence to the Confined Space Policy, etc.
- Must be available for weekends/overtime when required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- 313A HVAC Journeyman/ Registered Apprentice and be a member of Local 787 (non-union technicians may apply)
- Minimum G2 Gas Technician license (preference given to a holder of G1 gas fitter license)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing HVAC systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer relation skills
- A current and valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must possess a current and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Some manufacturing training desired, but not necessary
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: 100%
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance-Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON