If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Reporting to the Building Operations Supervisor (BOS), the Building Maintenance Operator (BMO) is responsible for the overall day to day tasks of services, maintenance, and operations of the assigned equipment, systems and services for the assigned client facility. The ideal candidate should possess a Building Environmental Systems Certificate or other related industry designation and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar facility. The BMO will be required to meet the facilities 24/7 continental shift coverage requirements, adhere to all aspects of Ainsworth’s HS&E policies and procedures, achieve the tenant’s security clearance requirements, take direction from the BOS or his designate, and collaborate with the client’s operations team with respect to all services, maintenance, and operational requirements. Additionally, the BMO will assist and support efficiencies and enhancements with his peers and foster a culture of continuous improvement and customer service excellence within the service delivery team. The unionized position requires the candidate to enroll as a member in good standing with LIUNA Local 506.
HVAC & Electrical
- Operate and monitor the performance of all HVAC equipment, building systems and auxiliaries in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks and unscheduled maintenance tasks for HVAC equipment, building systems and auxiliaries in the Central Cooling Plant including chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, water treatment chemical station, etc. Utilize the Building Automation System (BAS) to control and operate the equipment.
- Take readings of all major equipment either directly or through the BAS including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment
- Monitor the performance of electrical equipment and auxiliaries and perform weekly testing of the emergency diesel generators
Fire Life Safety
- Know and understand the design, configuration, operation of the fire alarm system and ancillary devices and all fire suppression equipment, operate the fire alarm system in the Central Control Facility (CCF) including responding to alarms and making announcements on the public-address system.
- Support emergency services as and when required
- Perform the duties and responsibilities for the BMO as described in the Fire Life Safety Plan
- Lock/unlock doors as specified in the building security manual
- Be knowledgeable of the buildings security systems design and configuration and operate as required
- Know, understand and perform the BMO’s duties and responsibilities in the buildings Elevator Entrapment Procedures, buildings Bomb Threat Procedures and Business Resumption Plan
- Know the buildings tenants, premises, equipment, and security policies
- Monitor and perform maintenance for tenant penthouse cooling towers as directed
- Respond to tenant requests within the customers specified times and KPI’s
- Oversee the cleaning services contractor, security, other as directed
Central Control Facility and Other Duties
- Supervise and provide relief for the Central Control Facilities (CCF) Operator and groundskeepers and assist other staff as required
- Observe and record all required equipment/system readings and monthly utility readings,
- Communicate and record security incident reports
- Assist and monitor contractors when on site
- Monitor inventory and maintenance supplies
- Clear snow and spread salt as and when required
- Authorize emergency repairs or seek Operations Manager approval within approved thresholds after normal business hours
- Report any misuse of equipment or systems to the BOS
- Report any unusual or irregular/emergency conditions to the BOS or Operations Manager
General and Team Contribution
- Overall responsibility for the day to day service task delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and customer service excellence within the service delivery team
- Integrate with and develop a productive working alliance with the other building operations team members on day to day deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with 24/7 on-site coverage requirements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and code requirements within the scope of services.
- Perform service tasks, maintenance, and operations including, but not limited to:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
- Demand Maintenance
- Inspections and tours of equipment, systems, & areas
- Task & work plan documentation including use of CMMS
- Respond to emergency service requests/calls in a timely manner
- Be familiar with all aspects of the building operations including but not limited to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and ensure all systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks as prescribed on equipment and systems.
- Respond to tenant concerns in a timely and professional manner and assist in solving problems as required.
- Maintain shop and equipment areas in a neat and professional manner.
- As directed by the BOS coordinate and schedule all maintenance or repair/replacement with the appropriate subcontractor
- Ensure all HS&E and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Complete assigned duties and responsibilities with initiative and minimum supervision
- Adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures & Quality System operating procedures
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Building Environmental Systems Certificate or other similar industry designation equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of consecutive experience in related facilities operations and maintenance
- Ability to meet customers/tenant’s security requirements
- Possesses an Ontario driver’s license in good standing
- Sound knowledge of building systems and operations
- Computer literate including MS Word, BAS, Fire Alarm Systems, CMMS, Security
- Strong customer service, communication skills (verbal & written)
- Able to meet the facilities 24/7 continental shift coverage requirements
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and able to respond to emergency situations
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work in order to deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes
- Able to foster a culture of continuous improvement and customer service excellence within the service delivery team.
Shift: 24/7 Continental Shift
Length of Contract: 12 months
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: N/A
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision of becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Location: Toronto, ON