If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
BAS Technician 3 is the continuation of the BAS technician’s career at Ainsworth. Intermediate technician is defined as one who has served between 6,000 – 18,000 hrs in the BAS industry. The individual would be working on a construction team and would report to the construction team Project Manager.
- Demonstrates good Health & Safety practices, attends and participates in safety talks.
- Regular supervision provided by Senior BAS Tech (4), or by the Project Manager and provides mentoring of BAS Tech 2.
- Follows Ainsworth standard practices in the delivery of BAS projects.
- Develop teamwork approach yet work autonomously in a productive and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, or coordinates In-depth repairs of building-automation-system using software, multi-meters and other diagnostic tools.
- Ability to generate graphics and programs based on design documents.
- Develop advanced knowledge of Schneider Electric engineering and programing tools.
- Competency in Networking TCP/IP, MSTP protocols, within, LON, and BACnet applications. Extensive knowledge of integration of Lon / BACNet Network Controllers with Schneider software (WPT, WPP, Workbench…) and able to integrate with other vendors.
- Accepts responsibility for assigned tasks and completing them on time.
- Has an expanded customer facing role, always representing the company in a dignified manner, and with the customer’s needs in mind.
- Has a functional understanding of the project scope, progress and , reports any project deficiencies, issues to the Senior BAS Tech or to the PM.
- Shows willingness and ability to take on lead tech role for smaller sized projects.
- Able to coordinate work with internal/external electrical and pneumatic reps and / or Mechanical/Electrical trades.
- Takes on project commissioning documentation role, for as built purposes.
- Assists with sales estimations and project extra costing exercises.
- Assists in customer training.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Graduate of a college program in Instrumentation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Over 4 years of related experience in building automation, fire and or security.
- Education, Professional Designation, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics (enthusiastic – optimistic – high energy etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to be insure by Ainsworth Inc.
- Pass Security screening as required by government agencies and clients.
- Physical fit and able to access and work in construction site environment.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: Toronto
Travel Requirements: yes within GTA
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON